Unit 1: Paleolithic & Neolithic Eras - The Great Settling Down
Major Points of Interest:
- How did modern humans diffuse throughout the Earth?
- What were the major characteristics of human life in the Paleolithic Era?
- What caused humans to begin domesticating plants and animals? What were the effects?
- Why is the Neolithic Revolution considered one of the greatest transitions in human life? What are the pros and cons?
- Cosmic Calendar
- Paleolithic & Neolithic Eras lecture and slide show
- "Dreamtime of the Aborigines" video clip
- Paleo, Neo, Both or Neither review activity - helps with the short answer on our first assessment
- Edible History by Standage - read and answer questions
- How Can You Buy or Sell the Earth speech by Chief Sealth with SOAPStone activity
- Review & 1st Assessment [Unit 0 & 1]
Paleolithic & Neolithic Eras: The Great Settling Down - Lecture & Slideshow
Dreamtime of the Aborigines
Edible History excerpt from Tom Standage
Paleo, Neo, Both or Neither
How Can You Buy or Sell the Earth? - Chief Sealth
Extended Learning Opportunities
Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs & Steel
"There's no success like failure, and failure's no success at all" - Bob Dylan